Statistics Software Engineer – Waltham, MA
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expand rapidly.
The effects of process variation in advanced semiconductor technologies are difficult to predict. We are seeking a talented software engineer with Matlab and Python experience to focus on implementing new statistical analysis capabilities. The addition of experimental design (DOE), statistical analysis, and data visualization capabilities to our modeling platform will provide valuable and novel insights into process variation. In your role as a member of the Analytics team, you will contribute to our analytics engine and its interfaces with SEMulator3D’s architecture, infrastructure and user interface. Your work will focus on development of new software capabilities and features using Matlab and Python.
Great engineering is Coventor’s heart and soul. Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. Since our inception as an MIT spin-off in Technology Square, we’ve focused on agility by enabling individuals to take initiative and find innovative solutions to hard problems. At Coventor, we hire engineers with broad skills who are ready to contribute in multiple ways to create our next great software product.
- Research and implement new analytics engine capabilities, primarily in Matlab
- Prototype data visualizations in Matlab and Python and participate in deployment via Python, QCustomPlot, or Matlab
- Work with UI and QA teams to enable and validate product features
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code for the Analytics product
- BS in scientific or engineering field with 3+ years of experience
- Strong Matlab knowledge and experience (3+ years coding)
- Some Python experience
- Knowledge of or interest in statistics and multivariate data analysis demonstrated by multiple standard university or Coursera classes
- Ability to learn new algorithms/technologies and solve problems
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- Ph.D. in applied statistics/mathematics, scientific, or engineering field with significant experience in data modeling and applied statistics
- Professional experience solving real-world problems (beyond Coursera or standard university classes) with many of the following: DOE, multivariate statistics, optimization (constrained, gradient/simplex methods), linear regression, PCA, pattern recognition, multiple comparison testing, ANOVA, exploratory data analysis and visualization, machine learning, etc./li>
- 3+ years of experience in a professional software development position in scientific simulation or visualization
- Strong Python experience (or possibly strong R, and willingness to learn Python)
- Publications, patents, in-house/research software (i.e., other people routinely use your software/models inside a company, even if you have not done full professional software development).
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
For more information about Coventor, our business, and our products, please visit us on
the web at http://www.coventor.com.