By: Benjamin Vincent, Ph.D., Staff Engineer, Semiconductor Process & Integration
Engineering decisions are always data-driven. As scientists, we only believe in facts and not in intuition or feelings.
At the manufacturing stage, the semiconductor industry is eager to provide data and facts to engineers based upon metrics such as the quantity of wafers produced per hour and sites/devices tested on each of those wafers. The massive quantity of data generated in semiconductor manufacturing can provide facts that engineers can use to make immediate and accurate decisions, such as how they might correct any excursion or yield drift. Data exists, so life is (kind of…) easy! read more…
Tagged 2018 SPIE Advanced Lithography Conference, 5 nm, 5 nm Semiconductor Node, FSAV, Fully Self-Aligned Via, imec, Patterning Yield, SAB, SAQP, Self-Aligned Blocks, Self-Aligned Quadruple Patterning, SEMulator3D
GPU Computing Software Engineer – Paris, France
At Coventor, we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expands rapidly.
We are searching for a talented software engineer with a strong background in GPU computing and rendering to join our development team. Our voxel-based 3D modeling engine creates highly accurate and topologically complex models of nanometer-scale semiconductor devices. Consequently, the accurate real-time visualization of such large structures across a variety of hardware platforms is a major challenge. You will participate in the development of a GPU-based ray-tracing engine for complex voxel models, in the implementation of advanced data visualization techniques, as well as in the implementation of other general-purpose computing algorithms on the GPU.
This is a perfect role for candidates who are interested in GPU computing, ray-tracing, 3D computer graphics as well as software engineering in a commercial environment. You will work closely with our semiconductor process technology team to understand technical requirements of our partners and customers. Your work will enable Coventor and our customers to visualize and inspect the highly complex 3D structures of today’s semiconductor devices in real time.
- Participate in the development of a GPU-based real-time ray-tracing engine for complex 3D voxel models
- Implement advanced 3D data visualization algorithms
- Accelerate voxel model operations, numerical linear algebra functions, or geometry processing algorithms
- Collaborate with our applications team to understand and troubleshoot customer requests and problems
- Create high-quality software including unit tests and documentation
- PhD or MS in computer science related to GPU computing, computer graphics, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in GPU computing, ray-tracing, level-of-detail techniques, handling of large data sets on the GPU
- In-depth knowledge of one or more GPU computing toolkits such as NVIDIA® CUDA™, OpenCL™, or Vulkan®
- Strong background in C++ programming and software engineering
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral, as well as the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Familiarity with multiple GPU computing toolkits on different platforms is a plus
- Experience with GPU performance profiling and debugging tools
- Experience with voxel modeling and/or geometry processing algorithms
- Knowledge of agile methods, object-oriented design, design patterns, and cross-platform development (Windows/Linux)
- Experience with C++ libraries such as boost, STL, or Qt. Familiarity with C++11 and template programming. Python coding skills.
- Any professional software development experience is a plus, preferably developing a 3D modeling software product
- Knowledge of semiconductor process technology, or any software related to semiconductor design or manufacturing
Salary, job title, and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience. This opening is in Villebon-sur-Yvette, close to Paris, or in Dublin, Ireland. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France or Ireland, e-mail you resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New, advanced semiconductor processing and architectural technologies take years to perfect and put into production. In the meantime, semiconductor customers continue to demand faster, smaller and higher functioning devices. Semiconductor manufacturers need to decide whether (and when) to jump to the next generation of devices and production technologies, weighing the risk and benefit of bringing the next processing and architecture technologies to market. read more…
For Immediate Release
For more information, contact:
SEMulator3D Honored as UBM ACE Award Finalist
Coventor’s Virtual Fabrication Platform Recognized for Significantly Improving Electronics Manufacturing
CARY, NC– November 17, 2017 – Coventor®, Inc. a Lam Research Company and leading supplier of virtual fabrication solutions for semiconductor and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) devices, today announced its 3D virtual fabrication platform, SEMulator3D®, has been named a finalist in UBM’s annual ACE Awards competition.
The ACE (Annual Creativity in Electronics) Awards, in partnership with EE Times and EDN, showcase the best of the best in today’s electronics industry, including the hottest new products, start-up companies, design teams, executives, and more. ACE finalists and winners are hand selected by a panel of EE Times and EDN editors as well as independent judges from the across the industry. read more…