Senior C++ Software Engineer – Waltham, MA
Do you have a passion for crafting elegant solutions to programming challenges? Do you enjoy software design, architecture and working with other engineers? If so, Coventor needs your contributions to our 3D modeling and visualization application. You will join a truly collaborative, highly skilled development team and will contribute to both design and implementation. Our semiconductor process modeling software is revolutionizing the way that leading chip manufacturers around the world develop advanced fabrication processes. In contrast to working in large organizations, your contributions will make a difference; your tasks will cover a broad scope and will be crucial to the success of our product.
- Participate in ground-up re-engineering of our application with a new modular, extensible C++ object-oriented architecture
- Work with and improve on our generic C++ template-based application framework
- Implement new software features in C++ and/or Python, including unit testing
- Participate in our Agile software development process
- Possibility to contribute to 3D visualization, modeling algorithms, and many other software areas appropriate to your talents and goals
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a professional software development environment
- Strong C++ coding skills, including a working knowledge of the STL
- Aptitude for object oriented design
- Experience implementing user interfaces with Qt, GTK+, wxWidgets or similar cross-platform frameworks
- Willingness to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
- Ability to learn new technologies and solve problems effectively
Experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Expert level knowledge of Linux is a strong plus
- Commercial software development experience with Python
- Application development in scientific simulation or visualization
- Experience in distributed computing
- Experience developing cloud-based software applications
- Experience with OpenGL and/or 3D visualization
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coventor, Inc. is seeking an experienced software engineer who has expertise in implementing 3D physics-based numerical algorithms. As a key member of our modeling engine group, you will code new algorithms for simulating semiconductor fabrication processes such as lithography, plasma etching and chemical vapor deposition. You will join a collaborative, highly skilled software development team working on our innovative software tools and solutions for the semiconductor and MEMS manufacturing industries. Our software uses unique, highly efficient numerical modeling and simulation techniques to perform virtual fabrication of state-of-the-art semiconductor and MEMS devices. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Build new 3D modeling algorithms for semiconductor fabrication processes in our C++ modeling engine,
- Participate in algorithm research and design,
- Optimize modeling algorithms for speed through profiling and parallel implementation,
- Extend and maintain our generic, C++ template-based modeling framework,
- Participate in requirements gathering, specification and verification,
- Contribute to the overall software product, including application infrastructure, GUI and Python scripting APIs, and
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code.
- MS or PhD in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field, with a focus on numerical modeling,
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in commercial software development,
- Expert level C++ skills, including implementation of template classes and/or template meta-programming,
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement clean, well-organized production code,
- Working knowledge of object oriented design principles,
- Experience implementing modeling or simulation algorithms based on methods such as finite difference, finite element, cellular automata, particle, atomistic, or the like,
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team.
Experience in any of the following would be a bonus:
- Knowledge of semiconductor mask layout tools and algorithms,
- Expert level knowledge of linux,
- Experience with distributed or cloud computing,
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology,
- Experience with Boost, STL, C++11 or Python.
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Quality Assurance Engineer for 3D Modeling Software – Waltham, MA
Do you enjoy figuring out how to build things in 3D? Do you enjoy exploring software? Are you a detail-oriented engineer who thinks critically and systematically? We are seeking a BS/MS-level engineer with a strong interest in 3D numerical modeling and simulation to perform quality assurance on our virtual fabrication environment for semiconductor process development and integration. You will be embedded in a truly collaborative software development team that is following the Scrum agile development process. Through daily engagement with the developers, you will play a critical role in helping us deliver quality software for both the Windows and Linux platforms. Your title, and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Understand the functionality of our semiconductor virtual fabrication environment
- Actively participate in our Scrum-based agile development process
- Develop verification test cases for automated and manual test suites
- Document verification tests for internal and external readers
- Submit defect reports and enhancement requests
- Collaborate with software developers to isolate defects
- Participate in planning and status meetings with the software development team
- Interact with the applications support team to define realistic test cases
- Create examples and draft documentation for use in product documentation and marketing collateral
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Detail oriented individual who enjoys systematically exploring software
- Solid comprehension of numerical simulation techniques and analytical methods for rigorously verifying numerical simulations
- Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Work experience in software quality assurance
- Semiconductor technology and processing education and experience
- Experience with CAD, CAE or TCAD software
- Scripting skills in Python, MATLAB, or similar scripting language
This regular, full-time position is located in our office in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Applications Support Engineer for MEMS Design Software – Silicon Valley, CA
Do you enjoy plunging into new technical areas, tackling hard-to-solve problems, and teaching and collaborating with engineers? Do you have a strong background in MEMS sensors and actuators with experience in design and simulation? We are seeking a multi-talented engineer to provide pre- and post-sales support for our industry-leading MEMS design automation solutions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with leading MEMS companies and R&D centers on a wide range of MEMS devices. You will join our outstanding sales and support team and collaborate with our development organization to deliver best-in-class MEMS design solutions. Your compensation will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field with focus on MEMS design, simulation and fabrication
- Experience designing MEMS inertial sensors, MEMS microphones, RF MEMS, optical MEMS, or related MEMS devices
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) with commercial software such as CoventorWare, ANSYS, COMSOL, or ABAQUS
- Experience with electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Cadence Virtuoso, MATLAB and Simulink
- Familiarity with fundamentals of electronics and integrated circuits
- Proficiency with the Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Professional work experience in MEMS design and analysis
- Thorough understanding of electrostatic actuation and capacitive sensing
- Strong understanding of multi-DOF electromechanical modeling and simulation
- Experience with MATLAB scripting and/or Python scripting
This regular, full-time opening is based in Silicon Valley (Campbell, CA) and will require some travel. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
by Paul McLellan
IEDM (technically the International Electron Devices Meeting although I’ve never heard anyone use the full name) is in a couple of weeks time, in San Francisco. It is December 15-17th at the Hilton Union Square (which is not actually at Union Square but nearby at 333 O’Farrell Street).
For the last few years on the Tuesday evening Coventor have sponsored an event (with appetizers and drinks). Last year it was all about collaboration. This year the topic is variation, Survivor, Variation in the 3D Era. It is at the Hotel Nikko from 5.30pm to 8.30pm on Tuesday December 16th in the Carmel Room. Hotel Nikko is 222 Mason Street just around the corner from the Hilton.
read full article
Location: “Carmel Room” at Hotel Nikko, San Francisco
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Time: 5:30pm -8:30pm (Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres)
6:00pm (Panel Begins)
RSVP by 12/10/14 RSVP-to-COVENTOR@coventor.com