Quality Assurance Engineer for MEMS Simulation Software – Paris, France
We are seeking a software quality assurance (SQA) engineer with a strong background in black box testing to test our MEMS 3D design and simulation software platform. You will be embedded in a collaborative software development team following the Scrum agile development process. Through daily engagement with the developers, you will play a critical role in helping us deliver quality software through the creation and execution of test cases that verify the accuracy of our finite element analysis (FEA) simulation software.
- Validate the operation and functionality of our MEMS design automation software
- Execute and maintain test cases for automated functional and performance regression test suites
- Analyze and report regression test results
- Design and execute automated and manual acceptance test cases for new features
- Author technical reports summarizing software defects and enhancement requests
- Collaborate with software developers and the QA team to isolate and resolve defects
- Participate in design discussions with the software development team
- 1-5 years of experience as a black box quality assurance engineer
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Solid understanding of engineering principals
- Proficiency with scripting languages (for example, Python or Matlab)
- Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience creating or identifying a framework to run automated UI regression testing
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) using commercial software such as MEMS+, CoventorWare, Ansys, Comsol, or Abaqus
- Experience with Matlab Simulink and/or Cadence Virtuoso and Spectre
Salary and job title will be commensurate with education and experience. This regular, full-time position is located in our Paris development center located in Villebon-sur-Yvette, France. You must be a current legal resident of the EU or have a valid EU visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coventor®, Inc.(www.coventor.com) is the global market leader in design automation solutions for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and virtual fabrication of MEMS and semiconductor devices. Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations that develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, wearables, and Internet of Things. Coventor’s software tools and expertise enable its customers to save significant time and money by optimizing MEMS device designs and 3D fabrication processes and reducing the need for time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. The company is headquartered in Cary, NC and has offices in Waltham, MA; Silicon Valley, CA; Tokyo, Japan; Hsinchu, Taiwan; and Paris, France. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.