Technical Writer for 3D Modeling Software – Waltham, MA
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expand rapidly.
We are seeking a technical writer to help us create and update the documentation suite for our advanced semiconductor fabrication modeling and electrical analysis software. You will have responsibility for maintenance of the documentation, including user guide, installation instructions, scripting API manual, tutorials and release notes. You will have full access to our development organization, who will help to explain new features and generate initial documentation revisions, and you’re welcome to participate fully in our Agile software development process to keep up to speed on changes to the software.
This position is a great opportunity for a technical writer with some interest in engineering or software to work with a strong engineering team, and to learn all about how advanced semiconductor manufacturing works!
- Create, update, proofread and manage the documentation suite for our advanced semiconductor modeling product
- Collaborate closely with development and applications engineering staff for technical help with documentation
- Produce polished, professional quality documentation conforming to our desired style
- Work with our revision control system to track your changes
- Help to guide our choices of distribution formats and authoring tools
Required Qualifications (all of the following):
- 5+ years of professional experience in technical writing
- Impeccable English language spelling and grammar
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical topics with understandable text, supported with writing samples
- Good organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks independently
- Strong inter-personal skills; able to communicate and collaborate with engineers
- Desire to contribute to and work with a team, helping us to meet our product delivery goals
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker
- A degree in any engineering or science discipline
- Professional experience in technical writing for an engineering software product such as CAD, CAE or EDA
- Experience in or knowledge of the semiconductor industry
- Experience with generating HTML-based help systems for software products
- Experience with version control systems
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coventor, Inc. (www.coventor.com) is the global market leader in virtual fabrication solutions for semiconductor technologies and design automation solutions for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, independent foundries, equipment makers, and R&D organizations that develop semiconductor and MEMS technologies for consumer, automotive, aerospace, industrial, and defense uses. Coventor’s predictive modeling tools and expertise enable its customers to dramatically reduce silicon learning cycles, giving them a time-to-market advantage and reducing technology development costs. The company is headquartered in Cary NC and has offices in Waltham MA, Silicon Valley CA, Tokyo Japan, Hsinchu Taiwan, Dongtan South Korea, and Paris France.