Visit Coventor in Booth #24
With the increased use of MEMS devices in a diverse and growing list of products – telephones, cars, wearables, etc. – the development of MEMS technology has become critical to the evolution of microelectronics products. The European MEMS Summit 2015 will offer exciting opportunities to learn about the most recent advances in the technology from the world’s leading experts in the domain.
Account Manager for Engineering Software Sales – Waltham, MA
Do you have an engineering or scientific background with a minimum of 3 years success in B2B selling of high-tech products or services? Do you enjoy engaging with highly-trained engineers, researchers and university faculty, understanding their needs, and selling them appropriate solutions? Are you an outgoing, self-motivated, organized professional with a strong work ethic? Join our outstanding collaborative team and take responsibility for commercial accounts in the Eastern US and university and government accounts throughout North America. Your compensation will include a competitive base salary and a commission plan.
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers, engaging primarily by phone and internet with periodic customer visits
- Explain high-level strengths and value of Coventor solutions to prospects
- Perform all aspects of sales process, including prospecting, arranging meetings, coordinating evaluations, quoting, negotiating, closing, and post-sales follow-up
- Prioritize activities so as to meet or exceed sales bookings objectives
- Communicate and coordinate account strategy and tactics with technical support engineers, sales operations and senior management
- Report regularly on sales activities and provide accurate forecasts
- Collect and maintain contacts and account records in CRM system
- Contribute to scheduling and coordination of marketing events
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or bachelor’s degree and highly relevant sales experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in B2B sales of high-value products or services as an Account Manager, Sales Associate, or Inside Sales Rep with a record of success
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office, on-line resources, and web-based applications
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience selling high-tech engineering or scientific software
- Experience selling to PhD level engineers or university faculty
This regular, full-time opening requires regular on-site presence in our Waltham, MA office and will require occasional travel. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The latest version of this semiconductor-process modeling software boosts speed, accuracy, and capabilities all in a simpler, easier-to-use package.
Jack Browne | Microwaves and RF
Use of three-dimensional (3D) semiconductor structures has become commonplace within many markets, and in turn, semiconductor-process technologies continue to advance in support of higher-speed, more-dense active devices. For example, Coventor stays at the forefront with new and updated tools that predict the performance of different 3D semiconductor designs.
Case in point is the company’s fifth generation of its process simulation software, SEMulator3D 5.0. The software not only adds features for new process capabilities, but also simplifies the learning process for using the software. It’s a powerful simulation platform for predicting the effects of different process parameters on semiconductor and microelectomechanical-systems (MEMS) devices.
read full article or download the pdf here
Quality Assurance Engineer for 3D Modeling Software – Waltham, MA
Do you enjoy figuring out how to build things in 3D? Do you enjoy exploring software? Are you a detail-oriented engineer who thinks critically and systematically? We are seeking a BS/MS-level engineer with a strong interest in 3D modeling and simulation to perform quality assurance on our software for modeling the fabrication of advanced semiconductors. You will be embedded in a truly collaborative software development team that is following the Scrum agile development process. Through daily engagement with the developers, you will play a critical role in helping us deliver quality software for both the Windows and Linux platforms. Your title, and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Understand the functionality of our semiconductor virtual fabrication environment
- Actively participate in our Scrum-based agile development process
- Develop verification test cases for automated and manual test suites
- Document verification tests for internal and external readers
- Submit defect reports and enhancement requests
- Collaborate with software developers to isolate defects
- Participate in planning and status meetings with the software development team
- Interact with the applications support team to define realistic test cases
- Create examples and draft documentation for use in product documentation and marketing collateral
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Substantial experience as a user or tester of 3D software such as CAD, CAE or TCAD tools
- Detail oriented individual who enjoys systematically exploring software
- Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Work experience in software quality assurance
- Semiconductor technology and processing education and experience
- Scripting skills in Python, MATLAB, or similar scripting language
This regular, full-time position is located in our office in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Dinesh Bettadapur
I was recently promoted to the Coventor executive management team as VP of Business Development assuming primary responsibility for driving business strategy and growth across the global semiconductor equipment market while also continuing to focus on driving market share growth across the Western US for the memory & logic IDMs as well as validation of the business potential for the fabless IC market.
Visit Coventor at booth #2531
SEMICON West is the premier annual event for the global microelectronics industry, highlighting the latest innovations, products, processes, and services for the design and manufacture of today’s most sophisticated electronics.
SEMICON West showcases innovations across the microelectronics supply chain, from silicon to system and everything in between. From the latest research on the cutting-edge of transistor technology, to solutions breathing new life into legacy fabs, SEMICON West is the place to connect to what’s new and what’s next in microelectronics. http://www.semiconwest2015.org/
New Version of Virtual Fabrication Platform Addresses More Demanding Process Challenges and Provides Usability and Performance Enhancements
CARY, NC– June 30, 2015 – Coventor®, Inc., the leading supplier of virtual fabrication solutions for semiconductor devices and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), today announced the immediate availability of SEMulator3D® 5.0 – the newest version of its core Virtual Fabrication software platform. Version 5.0 of SEMulator3D adds support for new process capabilities and is re-architected for a more streamlined learning, deployment and modeling process.
By David M. Fried
I said I’d follow up with another blog about new features and capabilities SEMulator3D 5.0… and I’m running out of time. The Gold release is less than a week away!!
In the last blog, I gave a general overview of the new release and I talked about the all new dopant-handling capabilities, so let’s just jump right into another topic…Visibility!