Software Developer (C++ / 3D) – Paris, France
We are seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong interest in developing engineering applications. You will be a key player on our Agile development team, responsible for 2D/3D modeling and mesh generation aspects of our design and simulation platform. You will participate in a variety of design, implementation and testing tasks, across the full breadth of our software. Your contributions will be crucial to the success of our next generation modeling and simulation software tool which is used to design micro-fabricated sensors and actuators (MEMS) for smart phones, consumer electronics, self-driving cars and many other applications.
- Improving our utilization of a solid modeling kernel (algorithms, features, speed, robustness)
- Enhancing and extending our 2D-to-3D model generation capabilities
- Introducing mesh generation to our latest tool
- Developing code in C++, including unit testing and bug fixing
- Troubleshooting issues that arise at customer sites
- Providing input to and reviewing documentation, tutorials, and user training materials.
- M.S or Ecole d’ingénieur in applied computer science or related disciplines
- Knowledge of and aptitude for Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience in C++
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong spatial aptitude (be a visual thinker)
- Must be legally entitled to work in France
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- Working experience with ACIS/HOOPS or equivalent geometric modeling and 3D visualization kernels (training will be organized for beginners)
- Experience with mesh generation
- Knowledge of multi-threaded software development on Windows or Linux
Salary, job title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience. This opening is in Villebon sur Yvette (91), close to Paris. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France, e-mail your cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coventor, Inc. (www.coventor.com) is the global market leader in design automation solutions for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and virtual fabrication of MEMS and semiconductor devices. Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations that develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, wearables, and Internet of Things (IoT). Coventor’s software tools and expertise enable
its customers to simulate and optimize MEMS device designs and fabrication processes, reducing reliance on time-consuming and costly build-and-test cycles.