Semiconductor Modeling Lead Engineer for Implant and Diffusion – Paris, France
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expands rapidly.
Coventor is seeking an expert in modeling the implantation and diffusion of dopants in contemporary semiconductor devices. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the physical theory governing implant and diffusion phenomena, direct experience with appropriate physical models, as well as experience in implementing numerical solutions to these models. As lead engineer, you will collaborate with our applications team in defining product priorities for dopant modeling and will lead implementation of new dopant modeling capabilities in our software. This is a hands-on position with significant C++ coding responsibilities and is a great opportunity for a motivated engineer to have a significant impact on our software.
- Research, prototype and characterize physical models for simulation of implant and diffusion phenomena in nano-scale semiconductor devices
- Implement new implant and diffusion modeling algorithms in C++, using and extending existing modeling infrastructure and APIs
- Collaborate with applications engineers and product owners to define technical priorities and roadmap
- Act as technical lead for the dopant modeling team, supervising the work one or more software engineers
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with focus on numerical physics
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer or modeling engineer
- Deep knowledge of the physical theory governing implant and diffusion and its application to nano-scale semiconductor devices
- Knowledge of three-stream (Mulvaney-Richardson) and/or five-stream (Dunham) diffusion models
- Direct experience in implementation of numerical physics simulation algorithms in three dimensions (FVM, FEM, FDM, etc.)
- Strong C++ coding skills, including use of the standard template library
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
- Basic working knowledge of Matlab
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology
- Experience with Monte Carlo implant and/or diffusion models
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python
This opening is in Villebon sur Yvette (91), Paris area. Salary and responsibilities will commensurate with experience. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France, e-mail your resume in English to email@example.com.
Coventor® is the market leader in software solutions for the development of semiconductor process technology, as well as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, memory suppliers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations. Our SEMulator3D modeling and analysis platform provides fast and accurate ‘virtual fabrication’ of advanced manufacturing processes, allowing engineers to understand manufacturing effects early in the development process and reduce time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. Our MEMS design solutions are used to develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, and gaming systems. Our software and expertise helps customers predict the structures and behavior of their designs before they commit to time-consuming and costly fabrication. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.