Senior Applications Support Engineer for MEMS Design Software – Waltham, MA
Do you enjoy plunging into new technical areas, tackling hard-to-solve problems, and teaching and collaborating with engineers? Do you have a strong background in MEMS sensors and actuators, and experience in design, simulation and fabrication? We are seeking a multi-talented engineer to provide pre- and post-sales support for our industry-leading MEMS design automation solutions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with leading MEMS companies and R&D centers on a wide range of MEMS devices. You will join our outstanding sales and support team and contribute to the collaborative, team-oriented environment in our Waltham, MA software development center. Your level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Equivalent with focus on MEMS design, simulation and fabrication
- Experience designing MEMS inertial sensors, RF MEMS, optical MEMS, MEMS MEMS microphones or related MEMS devices
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) with commercial software such as CoventorWare, ANSYS, COMSOL, or ABAQUS
- Experience with electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Cadence Virtuoso, MATLAB and Simulink
- Familiarity with fundamentals of electronics and integrated circuits
- Proficiency with the Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Professional work experience in MEMS design and analysis
- Thorough understanding of electrostatic actuation and capacitive sensing
- Strong understanding of multi-DOF electromechanical modeling and simulation
- Experience with MATLAB scripting and/or Python scripting
This regular, full-time opening is in Waltham, MA and will require some travel. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.