Senior C++ Computational Physics/Math Developer for Semiconductor Applications – Waltham, MA
At Coventor, a Lam Research company, we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expands rapidly.
Coventor’s modeling team builds the core capabilities of SEMulator3D; the ability to model a wide variety of physical phenomena accurately and efficiently using a variety of numerical techniques. As a key member of our modeling team you will implement new algorithms for modeling a wide range of semiconductor processes and phenomena such as plasma etching, chemical-mechanical polishing, and electrical behavior. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++ and expertise in and physical modeling. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
Great engineering is Coventor’s heart and soul. Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. Since our inception as an MIT spin-off, we’ve focused on agility by enabling individuals to take initiative and find innovative solutions to hard problems. With our recent acquisition by Lam Research we have access to many more resources, and exciting opportunities for collaboration within the company. We are looking to hire engineers with broad skills who are ready to contribute in multiple ways, to enable our customers’ success.
- Research, prototype and characterize methods for simulation of physical phenomena associated with fabrication and/or behavior of nanoscale semiconductor devices
- Implement new modeling algorithms in C++, using and extending existing modeling infrastructure and APIs
- Optimize algorithms for speed, including profiling and parallel implementation
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code
Required Qualifications (all of the following):
- PhD in Engineering or Physical Science discipline, or Computer Science with a numerical simulation focus.
- Direct experience implementing modeling/simulation algorithms in three dimensions, using methods such as finite-difference, finite-element, particle, atomistic, cellular automata etc.
- Strong C++ coding skills, including use of the standard template library
- Strong math skills, including a thorough knowledge of calculus
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology
- Direct experience with implementation of software solutions for non-linear partial differential equations
- Experience solving systems outside of the semiconductor space such as convection-diffusion or stress/strain
- Experience in modeling or fabrication of nanoscale semiconductor devices
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, C++11 or later, Python
- Experience programming GPUs for simulation (GPGPU using Cuda or the like).
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.