Coventor, Inc. is seeking an experienced software engineer who has expertise in implementing 3D physics-based numerical algorithms. As a key member of our modeling engine group, you will code new algorithms for simulating semiconductor fabrication processes such as lithography, plasma etching and chemical vapor deposition. You will join a collaborative, highly skilled software development team working on our innovative software tools and solutions for the semiconductor and MEMS manufacturing industries. Our software uses unique, highly efficient numerical modeling and simulation techniques to perform virtual fabrication of state-of-the-art semiconductor and MEMS devices. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Build new 3D modeling algorithms for semiconductor fabrication processes in our C++ modeling engine,
- Participate in algorithm research and design,
- Optimize modeling algorithms for speed through profiling and parallel implementation,
- Extend and maintain our generic, C++ template-based modeling framework,
- Participate in requirements gathering, specification and verification,
- Contribute to the overall software product, including application infrastructure, GUI and Python scripting APIs, and
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code.
- MS or PhD in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field, with a focus on numerical modeling,
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in commercial software development,
- Expert level C++ skills, including implementation of template classes and/or template meta-programming,
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement clean, well-organized production code,
- Working knowledge of object oriented design principles,
- Experience implementing modeling or simulation algorithms based on methods such as finite difference, finite element, cellular automata, particle, atomistic, or the like,
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team.
Experience in any of the following would be a bonus:
- Knowledge of semiconductor mask layout tools and algorithms,
- Expert level knowledge of linux,
- Experience with distributed or cloud computing,
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology,
- Experience with Boost, STL, C++11 or Python.
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.