Senior Software Engineer, 3D Modeling in C++ – Waltham, MA
Coventor, Inc. is seeking a software engineer with significant C++ experience. As a key member of our modeling engine team, you will extend and improve our software, working with others to implement new physics-based 3D modeling algorithms while keeping the code modular, reusable and efficient. You will join a collaborative, highly skilled software development team working on our innovative software tools and solutions for the semiconductor and MEMS manufacturing industries. Our software uses unique, highly efficient numerical modeling and simulation techniques to perform virtual fabrication of state-of-the-art semiconductor and MEMS devices. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Collaborate to implement new 3D modeling algorithms for semiconductor fabrication processes in our C++ modeling engine.
- Extend and maintain our generic, C++ template-based modeling framework.
- Optimize modeling algorithms for speed, including profiling and parallel implementation.
- Participate in requirements gathering, specification and verification.
- Contribute to the overall software product, including application infrastructure, GUI and Python scripting APIs.
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code.
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in commercial software development.
- Expert level C++ skills, including implementation of template classes and/or template meta-programming.
- Experience with 3D modeling algorithms (voxels, meshes, geometry, graphics).
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement clean, well-organized production code.
- Working knowledge of object oriented design principles.
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team.
Experience in any of the following would be a bonus:
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology.
- Exposure to numerical algorithms (finite differences, etc.).
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux.
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python.
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.