Senior/Staff/Principal C++ Software Engineer
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our leading 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is highly successful and is evolving fast as our business and customer base expand rapidly.
Coventor’s software engineers build the foundations of our software; the infrastructure and programming APIs that all developers use, and the user interfaces our customers see. Software engineers at Coventor are expert C++ coders, comfortable working with our highly re-usable application infrastructure libraries. Our software is full of interesting engineering challenges including high-performance parallel algorithms, high performance 3D visualization, multi-process architecture decisions, and an advanced user interface.
Great engineering is Coventor’s heart and soul. Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. Since our inception as an MIT spin-off in Technology Square, we’ve built an experienced management team able to incite fast product evolution through agile process. At Coventor, you will have autonomy and responsibility to take initiative and turn your ideas into great products.
- Design, implement, test, maintain and improve software in C++ and Python
- Develop on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Participate in our Agile software development process
- Take ownership of your work, collaborating across teams to solve problems and drive projects to completion
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a professional software development environment
- Strong C++ coding skills, including a working knowledge of the STL
- Aptitude for object oriented design and software architecture
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
- Ability to learn new technologies and solve problems effectively
Experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Experience in leading projects. We welcome applicants who are ready to take their next career step.
- Experience implementing user interfaces with Qt or similar
- Experience with OpenGL and/or 3D visualization
- Experience developing cloud-based software applications
- Knowledge of distributed design patterns
- Knowledge of Python
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
For more information about Coventor, our business, and our products, please visit us on the web at http://www.coventor.com.