Do you have a strong background in MEMS sensors and actuators with experience in design and simulation? Do you enjoy using simulation software and analytical methods to predict physical behavior? We are seeking a Corporate Engineer to verify, validate and improve our suite of MEMS design automation software. In this position, you will work closely with our development team, creating and exercising test cases that verify the accuracy of our simulation software. You will also collaborate with our field applications engineers to provide backup support for customer-supplied test cases and create realistic application examples.
- Understand the uses and functionality of our MEMS design automation software.
- Develop verification test cases for automated and manual test suites.
- Document verification tests for internal and external readers.
- Submit defect reports and enhancement requests.
- Collaborate with software developers to isolate defects.
- Participate in planning and status meetings with the software development team in accordance with Agile methodology
- Create realistic design examples and associated documentation in the form of articles, presentations, white papers and web content.
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with focus on MEMS design, simulation and fabrication.
- Solid understanding of engineering mechanics and fundamentals of dynamics.
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) using commercial software such as Coventor MEMS+, CoventorWare, ANSYS, COMSOL, or ABAQUS.
- Proficiency with the Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Scripting skills in MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink and/or Cadence Virtuoso and Spectre.
- Professional experience in MEMS design and analysis.
- Work experience in software quality assurance (SQA).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Salary and job title will be commensurate with education and experience. This regular, full-time position is located at our Paris development center in Villebon Sur Yvette, France. You must be a current legal resident of the EU or have a valid EU visa to apply for this position. Please email your cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Software Engineer, 3D Modeling in C++ – Waltham, MA
Coventor, Inc. is seeking a software engineer with significant C++ experience. As a key member of our modeling engine team, you will extend and improve our software, working with others to implement new physics-based 3D modeling algorithms while keeping the code modular, reusable and efficient. You will join a collaborative, highly skilled software development team working on our innovative software tools and solutions for the semiconductor and MEMS manufacturing industries. Our software uses unique, highly efficient numerical modeling and simulation techniques to perform virtual fabrication of state-of-the-art semiconductor and MEMS devices. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Collaborate to implement new 3D modeling algorithms for semiconductor fabrication processes in our C++ modeling engine.
- Extend and maintain our generic, C++ template-based modeling framework.
- Optimize modeling algorithms for speed, including profiling and parallel implementation.
- Participate in requirements gathering, specification and verification.
- Contribute to the overall software product, including application infrastructure, GUI and Python scripting APIs.
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code.
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in commercial software development.
- Expert level C++ skills, including implementation of template classes and/or template meta-programming.
- Experience with 3D modeling algorithms (voxels, meshes, geometry, graphics).
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement clean, well-organized production code.
- Working knowledge of object oriented design principles.
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team.
Experience in any of the following would be a bonus:
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology.
- Exposure to numerical algorithms (finite differences, etc.).
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux.
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python.
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Senior Software Engineer, UI and Infrastructure – Waltham, MA
Do you have a passion for crafting elegant solutions to programming challenges? Do you enjoy software design, architecture and working with other engineers? If so, Coventor needs your contributions to our 3D modeling and visualization application. You will join a truly collaborative, highly skilled development team and will contribute to both design and implementation. Our semiconductor process modeling software is revolutionizing the way that leading chip manufacturers around the world develop advanced fabrication processes. In contrast to working in large organizations, your contributions will make a difference; your tasks will cover a broad scope and will be crucial to the success of our product.
- Participate in ground-up re-engineering of our application with a new modular, extensible C++ object-oriented architecture
- Work with and improve on our generic C++ template-based application framework
- Implement new software features in C++ and Python, including unit testing
- Participate in our Agile software development process
- Possibility to contribute to 3D visualization, modeling algorithms, and many other software areas appropriate to your talents and goals
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a professional software development environment
- Strong C++ coding skills, including a working knowledge of the STL
- Aptitude for object oriented design
- Experience implementing user interfaces with Qt, GTK+, wxWidgets or similar cross-platform frameworks
- Willingness to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
- Ability to learn new technologies and solve problems effectively
Experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Expert level knowledge of Linux is a strong plus
- Commercial software development experience with Python
- Application development in scientific simulation or visualization
- Experience in distributed computing
- Experience developing cloud-based software applications
- Experience with OpenGL and/or 3D visualization
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Manager for Engineering Software Sales – Waltham, MA
Do you have an engineering or scientific background with a minimum of 3 years success in B2B selling of high-tech products or services? Do you enjoy engaging with highly-trained engineers, researchers and university faculty, understanding their needs, and selling them appropriate solutions? Are you an outgoing, self-motivated, organized professional with a strong work ethic? Join our outstanding collaborative team and take responsibility for commercial accounts in the Eastern US and university and government accounts throughout North America. Your compensation will include a competitive base salary and a commission plan.
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers, engaging primarily by phone and internet with periodic customer visits
- Explain high-level strengths and value of Coventor solutions to prospects
- Perform all aspects of sales process, including prospecting, arranging meetings, coordinating evaluations, quoting, negotiating, closing, and post-sales follow-up
- Prioritize activities so as to meet or exceed sales bookings objectives
- Communicate and coordinate account strategy and tactics with technical support engineers, sales operations and senior management
- Report regularly on sales activities and provide accurate forecasts
- Collect and maintain contacts and account records in CRM system
- Contribute to scheduling and coordination of marketing events
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or bachelor’s degree and highly relevant sales experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in B2B sales of high-value products or services as an Account Manager, Sales Associate, or Inside Sales Rep with a record of success
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office, on-line resources, and web-based applications
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience selling high-tech engineering or scientific software
- Experience selling to PhD level engineers or university faculty
This regular, full-time opening requires regular on-site presence in our Waltham, MA office and will require occasional travel. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Quality Assurance Engineer for 3D Modeling Software – Waltham, MA
Do you enjoy figuring out how to build things in 3D? Do you enjoy exploring software? Are you a detail-oriented engineer who thinks critically and systematically? We are seeking a BS/MS-level engineer with a strong interest in 3D modeling and simulation to perform quality assurance on our software for modeling the fabrication of advanced semiconductors. You will be embedded in a truly collaborative software development team that is following the Scrum agile development process. Through daily engagement with the developers, you will play a critical role in helping us deliver quality software for both the Windows and Linux platforms. Your title, and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Understand the functionality of our semiconductor virtual fabrication environment
- Actively participate in our Scrum-based agile development process
- Develop verification test cases for automated and manual test suites
- Document verification tests for internal and external readers
- Submit defect reports and enhancement requests
- Collaborate with software developers to isolate defects
- Participate in planning and status meetings with the software development team
- Interact with the applications support team to define realistic test cases
- Create examples and draft documentation for use in product documentation and marketing collateral
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Substantial experience as a user or tester of 3D software such as CAD, CAE or TCAD tools
- Detail oriented individual who enjoys systematically exploring software
- Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Work experience in software quality assurance
- Semiconductor technology and processing education and experience
- Scripting skills in Python, MATLAB, or similar scripting language
This regular, full-time position is located in our office in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Semiconductor Process Integration and Modeling Engineer – Japan
We are seeking a BS/MS/PhD-level engineer who has experience and expertise in semiconductor process integration and fabrication. You will work with leading semiconductor companies in Japan to implement our virtual fabrication solution for their most advanced development programs, including 14nm CMOS technology and beyond! You will collaborate with Coventor’s CTO and highly skilled software development team to create integration and modeling solutions for industry-critical manufacturing challenges. Our tight-knit team of creative engineers is critical in leading customers into the methodology of virtual fabrication.
This is a hands-on engineering position, requiring proficiency in semiconductor process integration, as well as strong communication and presentation skills. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in related fields of Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Applied Physics.
Experience: Semiconductor Technology and Processing education and experience is required. Relevant employment experience in the semiconductor industry (including co-op or internship) is preferred.
Skills: Semiconductor Processing, Semiconductor Device Physics (preferred), Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Modeling, Python scripting language, Technical Writing, Communication and Presentation.
Location: This position requires residency in Japan with a substantial amount of time at customer sites in Japan.
Coventor offers comprehensive benefits. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate that this Japan position is of most interest to you.
Director, Semiconductor Process Integration and Modeling – Silicon Valley, CA
We are seeking an MS- or PhD-level engineer who has substantial experience and expertise in semiconductor process integration and fabrication, and exceptional communication and presentation skills. You will work in partnership with Coventor’s CTO to promote acceptance and adoption of our unique virtual fabrication solutions at leading semiconductor companies worldwide. You will engage with industry leaders to solve critical manufacturing challenges for advanced technology nodes, including 14nm CMOS and beyond. You must be willing and able to do hands-on engineering with our software in order to provide effective leadership for our field engineers and valuable input to our software development team. Your compensation will be commensurate with your education and experience.
Education: Master’s degree required, PhD degree preferred, in related fields of Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Applied Physics.
Experience: You must have at least 8 years of work experience in the semiconductor industry with a focus semiconductor processing and integration.
Skills: Semiconductor Processing, Semiconductor Device Physics (preferred), Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Modeling, Python scripting language, JMP, Technical Writing, Communication and Presentation.
Location: This position will ideally have a home base in Silicon Valley, CA, but we will consider other locations for highly qualified candidates. A substantial amount of customer-facing travel and time at customer sites in the US West and Asia is expected.
Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that this California-based Director position is of most interest to you.