Senior C++ Software Engineer – Waltham, MA
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expand rapidly.
Coventor’s software engineers build the foundations of our software; the infrastructure and programming APIs that all developers use, and the user interfaces our customers see. We emphasize code design and software architecture to enable code re-use and fast development of new features. Software engineers at Coventor are expert C++ coders, comfortable working with our generic re-usable application infrastructure libraries. Our software runs on desktops or clusters running either Windows or Linux, and we use a modern development toolset, including distributed version control and continuous build integration.
Great engineering is Coventor’s heart and soul. Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. Since our inception as an MIT spin-off in Technology Square, we’ve focused on agility by enabling individuals to take initiative and find innovative solutions to hard problems. At Coventor, we hire engineers with broad skills who are ready to contribute in multiple ways to create our next great software product.
- Design, implement, test, maintain and improve software in C++ and Python
- Develop on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Participate in our Agile software development process
- Contribute to multiple software areas appropriate to your talents and goals
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a professional software development environment
- Strong C++ coding skills, including a working knowledge of the STL
- Strong Python coding skills
- Aptitude for object oriented design and software architecture
- Willingness to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
- Ability to learn new technologies and solve problems effectively
Experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Experience implementing user interfaces with Qt or similar
- Experience with OpenGL and/or 3D visualization
- Experience developing cloud-based software applications
- Knowledge of distributed design patterns
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Coventor, our business, and our products, please visit us on
the web at http://www.coventor.com.