We are seeking a dynamic, proactive software development engineer with a background in semiconductor technology or semiconductor software tools. In this key engineering position, you will lead the development of new software features related to our European research efforts in advanced CMOS (450mm/10nm/7nm). You will work closely with the Coventor semiconductor process technology team to understand the technical requirements of our partners, particularly metrology tool vendors and TCAD (Technology CAD) users. You will participate in the design and development of software interfaces to share our 3D structural models with other software tools.
This opening is a great opportunity for a strong coder with good communication skills. You will have the chance to work on a young, innovative product and to work closely with a collaborative, skilled team in both Europe and the USA. It is expected that responsibilities in this role will grow as Coventor’s European development team expands. Some travel is expected (less than 20%). You will report to the US-based Director of Semiconductor Software and R&D.
- Collaborate with our applications team to define requirements for new software features
- Lead the development effort to design and implement new features in C++ and Python
- Unit testing and bug fixing
- Help troubleshoot customer problems
- Provide input to and review documentation, tutorials, and user training materials
- PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- 6 or more years of professional software development experience, preferably related to semiconductor equipment, metrology or TCAD
- Expert-level coding skills in C++
- Strong aptitude for object oriented design
- Experience developing a 3D modeling software product, using either a 3D solid modeling kernel (ACIS, Parasolid, etc.), 3D mesh generation, or equivalent.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Must be able to read and understand technical articles and documentation written in English
- Must have a valid EU passport
- Experience with semiconductor metrology software, particularly model-driven metrology
- Experience with semiconductor TCAD modeling software
- Knowledge of semiconductor process technology
- Python coding skills
Salary, job title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience. This opening is in Villebon sur Yvette (91), close to Paris. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France, e-mail your resume in English to email@example.com