Semiconductor Modeling Engineer for TCAD Diffusion – Paris, France
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expands rapidly.
Coventor is seeking an expert in modeling the implantation and diffusion of dopants in contemporary semiconductor devices. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the physical theory governing implant and diffusion phenomena, knowledge of the appropriate physical models, as well as experience in implementing numerical solutions to these models. This is a hands-on position with significant C++ coding responsibilities.
- Participate in research, prototyping and characterization of physical models for simulation of implant and diffusion phenomena in nano-scale semiconductor devices
- Participate in implementing new implant and diffusion modeling algorithms in C++, using and extending existing modeling infrastructure and APIs
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with focus on numerical physics
- Understanding of the physical theory governing implant and diffusion of dopants in semiconductor devices
- Direct experience in implementation of numerical physics simulation algorithms in three dimensions (FVM, FEM, FDM, etc.)
- Strong C++ coding skills, including use of the standard template library
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
- Any professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience in implementation or application of three-stream and/or five-stream diffusion models
- Basic working knowledge of Matlab
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology
- Experience with Monte Carlo implant and/or diffusion models
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python
This opening is the Paris area. Salary will commensurate with experience. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France, e-mail your resume in English to email@example.com.
Coventor® is the market leader in software solutions for the development of semiconductor process technology, as well as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, memory suppliers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations. Our SEMulator3D modeling and analysis platform provides fast and accurate ‘virtual fabrication’ of advanced manufacturing processes, allowing engineers to understand manufacturing effects early in the development process and reduce time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. Our MEMS design solutions are used to develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, and gaming systems. Our software and expertise helps customers predict the structures and behavior of their designs before they commit to time-consuming and costly fabrication. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.