Post-Doctoral R&D on Acoustic Modeling for MEMS – Paris, France
Coventor, Inc. is the global market leader in design automation solutions for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and virtual fabrication of MEMS and semiconductor devices. Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations that develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, wearables, and Internet of Things (IoT). Coventor’s software tools and expertise enable its customers to simulate and optimize MEMS device designs and fabrication processes, reducing reliance on time-consuming and costly build-and-test cycles.
We are searching for a talented PhD with a strong background in acoustic modeling. You will apply your deep knowledge in acoustics or structural acoustics to develop modeling tools for micro-acoustic devices such as microphones, micro-speakers and ultrasonic transducers fabricated with MEMS technology. You will be a member of our software development team and participate in creating best-in-class, software products for MEMS design and simulation. You will work closely with our MEMS application engineers to understand the technical requirements of our partners and customers. Your work will enable Coventor and our European customers to solve the development challenges for the next generation of acoustic MEMS devices.
- Understand modeling requirements for acoustic MEMS devices such as microphones, micro-speakers, and ultrasonic transducers
- Develop prototype modeling solutions for acoustic MEMS using Coventor’s software and/or third-party software
- Interface and collaborate with our external research partners and customers
- Collaborate with Coventor software development and application engineering teams towards implementing new modeling capabilities in future software releases
- Draft user documentation and write technical papers
- Prepare and present technical presentations on your work
- PhD in engineering or physics, or latter stage of PhD studies
- Strong theoretical understanding of acoustics, including use of lumped-parameter electrical circuit analogies
- Proven ability to do analytical or semi-analytical modeling of acoustics problems
- Experience in scripting in Matlab or Python
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral, as well as the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Any software development experience is a plus, preferably in C++ programming
- Experience with numerical modeling tools such as circuit simulators or 3D field solvers.
- Knowledge of structural acoustics
We offer an exciting position in a leading-edge advanced high-tech environment with many international contacts. The position is limited to a fixed term of two years and with the possibility of conversion to regular employment. This opening is located in Villebon-sur-Yvette, close to Paris. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France, e-mail you resume in English to email@example.com.