Software Release Engineer – Waltham, MA
Do you enjoy solving problems and learning new skills? Do you enjoy working with people as much as with software and systems? We are seeking a multi-talented engineer who will play a crucial role in our thriving software development organization. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies and people, helping us deliver high-quality software products for both Windows and Linux environments. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Maintain and improve our automated build system consisting of shell scripts, make files, and scons scripts;
- Set up and administer virtualized build systems in a private cloud environment;
- Monitor daily builds and communicate with developers about build failures;
- Create and update installers for our products for both Windows and Linux systems;
- Work with QA and product managers to distribute releases to customers;
- Install and maintain development tools such as compilers, source control system, issue tracking database, and test case management system;
- Communicate with software tool vendors about updates and license renewals; and
- Participate in or lead initiatives to improve our tools and practices, such as continuous builds, adopting agile processes, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field;
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in delivery aspects of software development, including developer tools, automated builds, installation, licensing, and distribution;
- Proven aptitude for shell scripting and/or scripting languages;
- Experience with one or more source control systems;
- Self-motivated, persistent problem solver who enjoys learning new skills;
- Systematic work style and excellent attention to detail; and
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux.
- Prior employment as a builds and/or release engineer;
- Experience with InstallShield, InstallAnywhere or Windows Installer;
- Experience with the Subversion (SVN) and/or GIT source control systems; and
- Windows and Linux system administration.
This opening is in Waltham, MA. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.