Senior C++ Physics Modeling Engineer – Waltham, MA
Coventor, Inc. is seeking a software engineer with significant C++ experience and familiarity with physical simulation. As a key member of our modeling engine team, you will extend and improve our software, working to implement new physics-based 3D modeling algorithms for semiconductor fabrication processes. You will join a collaborative, highly skilled software development team working on our innovative software tools and solutions for the semiconductor and MEMS manufacturing industries. Our software uses unique, highly efficient numerical modeling and simulation techniques to perform virtual fabrication of state-of-the-art semiconductor and MEMS devices. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Research, prototype and characterize new modeling algorithms for semiconductor fabrication processes, particularly through perusal of relevant technical literature
- Collaborate to implement new 3D modeling algorithms in our C++ modeling engine
- Extend and maintain our generic, C++ template-based modeling framework
- Optimize modeling algorithms for speed, including profiling and parallel implementation
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code
Required Qualifications (all of the following):
- MS in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field. PhD degree is a strong plus
- Direct experience in implementation of numerical physics simulation algorithms (PDE solutions through FVM, FEM, FDM, etc.)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in commercial software development
- Expert level C++ skills, including implementation of template classes
- Strong math skills, including a thorough knowledge of linear algebra and calculus
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement clean, well-organized production code
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Coventor® is the market leader in software solutions for the development of semiconductor process technology, as well as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, memory suppliers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations. Our SEMulator3D modeling and analysis platform provides fast and accurate ‘virtual fabrication’ of advanced manufacturing processes, allowing engineers to understand manufacturing effects early in the development process and reduce time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. Our MEMS design solutions are used to develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, and gaming systems. Our software and expertise helps customers predict the structures and behavior of their designs before they commit to time-consuming and costly fabrication. The company is headquartered in Cary, NC and has offices in Waltham, MA; Silicon Valley, CA; Tokyo, Japan; Hsinchu, Taiwan; and Paris, France. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.