We are seeking a 3D geometry specialist, with a PhD or equivalent experience in 3D mesh generation, voxel modeling, or other similar geometry algorithms. Our voxel-based 3D modeling engine creates highly accurate, topologically complex models of nanometer-scale semiconductor devices. In this key position you will have the opportunity to research, evaluate and implement new algorithms for generating surface and volume meshes from our voxel models. This is a perfect role for candidates who are interested in advanced 3D mesh generation algorithms, and in software engineering in a commercial environment. You will work closely with our semiconductor process technology team to understand the technical requirements of our partners and customers, and your work will enable Coventor and our customers to interface with third-party software tools and partner companies
This is a hands-on software engineering position. You will have the chance to work on a young, innovative product and to work closely with a collaborative, skilled team in both Europe and the USA. Some travel is expected (less than 20%). You will report to the Director of Semiconductor R&D (US-based).
- Identify and prototype new 3D geometry algorithms for surface and/or volume mesh generation, mesh simplification, correction of self-intersections, etc.
- Implement mesh generation algorithms in production, commercial C++ code
- Implement model export features to convert voxel models and/or meshes to various third-party file formats
- Unit testing and bug fixing
- Collaborate with our applications team to define requirements for new software features
- Help troubleshoot customer problems
- Provide input to and review documentation, tutorials, and user training materials
- PhD degree in computer science related to 3D geometry, or equivalent work experience
- Strong expertise in 3D geometry algorithms such as mesh generation, conformal mapping, or voxel modeling
- Good fundamental 3D math skills, including vector math, matrix math, and transformations
- Expert coding skills in C++
- Strong aptitude for object oriented design
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Must be able to read and understand technical articles and documentation written in English
- Any professional software development experience is a plus, preferably developing a 3D modeling software product
- Experience with common C++ libraries and technologies such as boost, STL, C++11, template programming, etc.
- Experience with semiconductor TCAD modeling software
- Python coding skills
Salary, job title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience. This opening is in Villebon sur Yvette (91), close to Paris. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are authorized to work in France, e-mail your resume in English to email@example.com