Software Features of Architect3D
Architect3D™ provides a complete environment for designing and simulating MEMS. It is ideal for rapidly designing and optimizing complex MEMS devices that employ electrostatics for actuation or sensing. Architect3D is a stand-along product bundle, but it is tightly integrated with CoventorWare, sharing the same process definition editors and data. Most customers purchase Architect3D in together with the CoventorWare Designer and Analyzer modules.
Architect3D includes the components listed below:
Saber is a proven platform that is widely used for simulating multi-physics systems in the automotive, aerospace, energy and defense industries. Saber includes the following components
- Saber Sketch – a user friendly graphical schematic editor which also serves as the console for accessing all other functionality in Architect3D;
- Saber Simulator – a mult-physics circuit simulator that provides all types of simulation (DC analysis, small-signal AC analysis, transient analysis, etc.). Supports models implemented in the MAST and VHDL-AMS modeling languages;
- Cosmos Scope — a powerful graphical waveform viewer and post-processor; and
- Template Library (Optional) – over 1,000 generic components for electrical (analog and digital), control systems, and multi-physics systems;
- Inspec Manufacturing Analysis (Optional) – provides the ability to perform Monte Carlo, stress, sensitivity, and parametric analyses. These analyses can be valuable for optimizing performance, manufacturability, and yield.
MEMS Component Library
The parametric electro-mechanical (PEM) component library is the heart of Architect3D. Developed by Coventor and capturing many years of MEMS modeling and simulation expertise, this library includes all of the fundamental building blocks (rigid and flexible plates, beam-like suspensions, electrostatic comb drives, electrodes, etc) for assembling complex electro-mechanical sensors and actuators.
Materials Database and Process Editors
MEMS design often goes hand-in-hand with process development. Architect3D is fully process aware, providing access to the same material database and process editors as are available in CoventorWare.
The MEMS component library allows simulation of complex 3D motion that cannot be easily appreciated or analyzed by viewing 2D graphs of waveforms. Scene3D provides 3D visualization and animation of simulation results.