Virtual Fabrication with SEMulator3D
SEMulator3D is a 3D process modeling tool that enables virtual fabrication of MEMS and semiconductor processes. Based on highly efficient voxel modeling technology, SEMulator3D has the unique ability to emulate complete process flows. Process engineers can detect process flow problems and device design errors before fabricating real devices to avoid the time, cost, and frustration associated with unnecessary build-and-test cycles.
From 2D Layout to 3D Model
A Novel, More Effective Methodology
Traditionally, process engineers in semiconductor and MEMS foundries have used hand-drawn cross sections in PowerPoint to plan process changes and communicate with colleagues and customers. Because these drawings are rarely to scale and rapidly outdated as the process flow or device design evolves, they often cause a series of time-consuming and costly build-and-test cycles.
SEMulator3D offers a far more productive methodology that enables engineers to understand and communicate process flow and device design through interactive visualization and quantitative measurements. Many of today’s leading semiconductor and MEMS fabs are using SEMulator3D for:
- Process integration at leading-edge CMOS technology nodes
- Technology transfer of advanced flash memory processes
- Process documentation of advanced DRAM/SRAM technology
- Optical sensor process modeling and optimization
- Hard disk read/write head design verification
- MEMS process development
- Process communications with MEMS foundry customers
- MEMS design verification prior to actual fabrication
For examples of semiconductors modeled with SEMulator3D, please visit our Solutions Gallery.