SEMulator3D Use Cases
The challenges of advanced fabrication technologies reach in many directions, from process integration to design and enablement, from documentation to failure analysis, and many others. The evolution of technology requires innovation and coordination across many functions within a semiconductor manufacturing organization , and with suppliers, partners and customers. Virtual fabrication with SEMulator3D can benefit many different participants in the semiconductor ecosystem and provides a platform for efficient communication among these disparate stake holders.
Some of the proven use cases for SEMulator3D are detailed here, but many other valuable uses are possible, as suggested in the diagram below.
- Process Visualization and Technology Documentation
- “What-If” Process Scenario Investigation
- Process Tolerance and Sensitivity Analyses
- Design Rule Development and Enablement
- Physical Design Verification