Coventor Technical Support & Training
At Coventor, the value we bring goes beyond simply providing the best-in-class tools for MEMS design and semiconductor process integration. Our staff of Ph.D-level applications engineers provides our customers with a significant competitive advantage in getting fully optimized, high-performance designs into production. In addition, our expert technical support has enabled Coventor to forge close partnerships with technology leaders, resulting in the development of entirely new models and capabilities in our simulation platform. This technical exchange has resulted in novel design methodologies that are specifically tuned for the varied applications in MEMS: inertial sensors, microphones, optical MEMS, resonators, RF switches, etc. If you are using a licensed or evaluation copy of one of our products and require support, please contact your local Coventor support representatives by email or phone.
Coventor also offers specific training courses to accelerate the efficient and productive use of our tools. Courses are divided into lectures and computer simulation work, with strong emphasis on hands-on lab exercises. During these courses, students are able to interact with Coventor’s technical staff, discuss their specific design problems, and simulate their devices of interest.
A general understanding of MEMS, MEMS design, or MEMS process design is helpful but not specifically needed. The following courses are available:
- IC Process Integration and Development with SEMultor3D: Students will learn how to build, view, examine and export a 3D process model using the basic process steps within SEMulator3D. In addition, time will be devoted to the python scripting interface and additional features that make it possible to automate the procedure of building and extracting critical parameters for 3D IC Process models. Link to SEMultor3D Training Agenda
- MEMS Finite Element Analyses and Simulation with CoventorWare: Students will learn how to build, analyze, and examine MEMS design using the latest features in CoventorWare 2012 – Designer & Analyzer. Time will be devoted to the new scripting interface that makes it possible to automate many of the tasks associated with running parametric analyses and design studies. Students will also learn to use the new hex-dominant meshing and additional features that enable more robust mechanical contact analysis and enhanced harmonic analysis. Link to CoventorWare 2012 Training Agenda
- System Design and Analysis with MEMS+: Students will learn how to build, analyze, and examine MEMS designs using MEMS+. Time will be devoted to running parametric analyses to optimize design performance and do design trade-off studies. Students will also learn how to run MEMS+ IC designs in conjunction with Matlab and Simulink from The Mathworks, and Spectre from Cadence. Link to MEMS+ Training Agenda
- MEMS Design and Analysis with Architect3D: Students will learn how to build, analyze, and examine MEMS design using Architect3D. Students will learn how to use Synopsys Saber libraries and models to optimize performance of the mechanical MEMS device and include circuit elements to evaluate basid system design. Link to Architect3D Training Agenda
- Custom, On-Site Training: An on-site, custom training focused on the specific area of your choice and your specific designs. Link to Custom Training
- Joint Training with Foundries: CoventorWare training, design with foundry access kits and lectures on MEMS foundry processes. Link to Joint Training with Foundries
Locations and Schedule
Coventor courses are provided at our offices in Cambridge MA, Sunnyvale CA, and Paris France. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and locations for the next scheduled course or call your local office. For customers in the Asia/Pacific region, please contact our channel partners in Asia.
If you are interested in attending a training session with Coventor, then please contact us at email@example.com for details on the next scheduled course. For customers in the Asia Pacific region who require training, please contact our Asian distributors.
DOWNLOAD SEMulator3D-Training_Agenda (PDF) HERE
The objectives for the 2-day course are to teach experienced users of Coventor tools advanced topics and analysis-specific techniques related to their own MEMS designs. The course content is flexible and focused on solving customer specific design problems.
Cost: $1,500/day + travel expenses
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.