CoventorWare uses FlexLM for licensing and requires the port@host information for accessing licenses. CoventorWare cannot access the license if the port number in license file and User settings do not match. Please follow the instructions below to resolve problems due to incorrect port numbers.
- Start the software. If the CoventorWare port numbers do not match, you will see the license error message shown on previous page.
- Click Ok and this will open up the User Settings window as shown in figure below. Check the port@host information for Coventor License. For example, in this case 54000 is the port and LT1-SKEDAR is the host.
- Go to Start->All Programs->Coventor->CoventorWare2008-> License Manager. In the Service/License File tab, select Configuration using services. Select CoventorWare License Service and go to Config Services tab
- Click View log and look for lmgrd tcp-port. Please make sure you run this test on the server i.e. the machine for which license was issued. Click Close Log to close the log window.
- The number besides lmgrd tcp-port is the port number. For example in this CoventorWare licensing log file, you have ‘lmgrd tcp-port 27000’ .It means in this case the port number is 27000.
- Open your CoventorWare license file and change the port to 54000 as shown in the figure below:
- Save the license file and install the CoventorWare license using the License Installer.
- You can follow a similar procedure for checking the port numbers for Fluidics and Saber licenses. In Step 4, select CoventorWare Microfluidics Solvers License Service (i.e. for fluidics) and CoventorWare Architect License Service (i.e. for Saber), Under the Configuration Using Services tab check the log file to determine the port numbers. Make sure that these match the port numbers in CFD solver license (port: 54005) and Saber license (port: 54009) fields.