Contract Technical Writer for Modeling Software Documentation – Waltham, MA
We are seeking an experienced technical writer to help us document the next major release of one of our software products. We have made a large change to the user interface and work flow for the upcoming product release. The work will focus on updating existing end-user reference manuals and tutorials to reflect the new user interface, and may include documenting some new features and capabilities. You will have full access to our in-house team, which includes software developers, quality engineers, field engineers, and our staff technical writer. The deadline for completing the documentation is late March 2017, with draft versions required prior to that date.
Work Description and Expectations
- Understand the new user interface and work flow, seeking help from our in-house team as needed.
- Modify or re-write existing reference manuals and tutorials to reflect the new user interface and work flow.
- Use our issue tracking database to report software defects identified during the course of your work.
- Correct documentation errors and omissions reported in our issue tracking database.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on improving the documentation.
- Produce documentation that conforms to our style guide and document templates.
- Produce documentation in FrameMaker format following our markup conventions.
- Proof read documentation produced by other writers.
- Must have substantial, relevant experience producing end-user documentation for engineering or scientific applications software, provable through providing writing samples.
- At least 3 references who can verify your work experience.
- A good understanding of the publishing process from FrameMaker to pdf format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- Familiarity with semiconductor fabrication technology and terminology.
- Graphic design and illustration skills
You will be engaged as a contractor or consultant on an hourly basis in this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Coventor® is the market leader in software solutions for the development of semiconductor process technology, as well as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, memory suppliers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations. Our SEMulator3D modeling and analysis platform provides fast and accurate ‘virtual fabrication’ of advanced manufacturing processes, allowing engineers to understand manufacturing effects early in the development process and reduce time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. Our MEMS design solutions are used to develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, and gaming systems. Our software and expertise helps customers predict the structures and behavior of their designs before they commit to time-consuming and costly fabrication. The company is headquartered in Cary, NC and has offices in Waltham, MA; Silicon Valley, CA; Tokyo, Japan; Hsinchu, Taiwan; and Paris, France. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.