Quality Assurance Engineer for 3D Modeling Software – Waltham, MA
We are seeking an experienced software quality assurance (QA) professional with a strong background in black box testing to test our 3D semiconductor modeling and electrical analysis software. You will be embedded in a collaborative software development team that is following the Scrum agile development process. Through daily engagement with the developers, you will play a critical role in helping us deliver quality software on both Windows and Linux platforms. Your title and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
- Validate the operation and functionality of our 3D modeling environment
- Design and execute manual and automated tests of the software User Interface (UI)
- Author technical reports summarizing software defects and enhancement requests
- Execute and maintain test cases for automated functional and performance regression test suites
- Analyze and report regression test results
- Collaborate with software developers and the QA team to isolate and resolve defects
- Participate in planning and design discussions with the software development team
- 1-3 years of experience as a black box quality assurance engineer
- B.S. or equivalent course work in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Proficiency with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Solid understanding of fundamental computer principles
- Detail-oriented individual who enjoys systematically exploring engineering software
- Experience as a user or tester of 3D modeling or engineering software
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting language
- Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
This regular, full-time position is located in our office in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coventor® is the market leader in software solutions for the development of semiconductor process technology, as well as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, memory suppliers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations. Our SEMulator3D modeling and analysis platform provides fast and accurate ‘virtual fabrication’ of advanced manufacturing processes, allowing engineers to understand manufacturing effects early in the development process and reduce time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. Our MEMS design solutions are used to develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, and gaming systems. Our software and expertise helps customers predict the structures and behavior of their designs before they commit to time-consuming and costly fabrication. The company is headquartered in Cary, NC and has offices in Waltham, MA; Silicon Valley, CA; Tokyo, Japan; Hsinchu, Taiwan; and Paris, France. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.