Senior C++ Computational Physics/Math Developer for Semiconductor Applications – Waltham, MA
At Coventor Inc., we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – our software is evolving fast as our business and customer base expands rapidly.
Coventor’s modeling team builds the core capabilities of SEMulator3D; the ability to model a wide variety of physical phenomena accurately and efficiently using a variety of numerical techniques. As a key member of our modeling team you will implement new solvers for coupled, non-linear partial differential equations related to the fabrication and/or behavior of nanoscale semiconductor devices. This is a hands-on software development position, requiring proficiency in C++ and expertise in numerical methods and physical modeling. Your title, level of responsibility, creative freedom and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
Great engineering is Coventor’s heart and soul. Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. Since our inception as an MIT spin-off in Technology Square, we’ve focused on agility by enabling individuals to take initiative and find innovative solutions to hard problems. At Coventor, we hire engineers with broad skills who are ready to contribute in multiple ways to create our next great software product.
- Research, prototype and characterize numerical methods for simulation of physical phenomena associated with fabrication and/or behavior of nanoscale semiconductor devices
- Implement new numerical methods in C++, using and extending existing modeling infrastructure and APIs
- Optimize algorithms for speed, including profiling and parallel implementation
- Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code
Required Qualifications (all of the following):
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with strong understanding of semiconductor device behavior and carrier transport in semiconductors
- Direct experience in implementation of numerical simulation algorithms in three dimensions (finite-element, finite-volume, boundary element, etc.) for physical simulation.
- Direct experience with implementation of software solutions for non-linear partial differential equations
- Strong C++ coding skills, including use of the standard template library
- Strong math skills, including a thorough knowledge of linear algebra and calculus
- Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- Experience with Monte Carlo or semiclassical modeling techniques
- General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology
- Experience solving systems outside of the semiconductor space such as convection-diffusion or stress/strain
- Experience in modeling or fabrication of nanoscale semiconductor devices
- Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux
- Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python
This regular, full-time position is located in Waltham, MA. Coventor offers comprehensive benefits and is an EEO/AA Employer. You must be a current legal resident of the U.S. or have a valid U.S. visa to apply for this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coventor® is the market leader in software solutions for the development of semiconductor process technology, as well as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). Coventor serves a worldwide customer base of integrated device manufacturers, memory suppliers, fabless design houses, independent foundries, and R&D organizations. Our SEMulator3D modeling and analysis platform provides fast and accurate ‘virtual fabrication’ of advanced manufacturing processes, allowing engineers to understand manufacturing effects early in the development process and reduce time-consuming and costly silicon learning cycles. Our MEMS design solutions are used to develop MEMS-based products for automotive, aerospace, industrial, defense, and consumer electronics applications, including smart phones, tablets, and gaming systems. Our software and expertise helps customers predict the structures and behavior of their designs before they commit to time-consuming and costly fabrication. For more information please visit www.coventor.com.